The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, August 24, 2008







We have been busy around here, we are getting ready for our exchange student. She arrives tomorrow night. We had a change in plans, our original student who was Vietnamese got sick and was not allowed to travel for 3 weeks and since she was just a 1 term student she could not come..... So after we thought we would end up with no student we got a call wondering if we could host a girl from Thailand because the family that was going to host her backed out. So now we will be having a girl from Thailand for the whole school year. I have spoke with her over e-mail and talked to her mom on the phone a few times.

We went to a wonderful wedding last night for some friends of ours. We took Cami to the ceremony but, then went to the reception without her. We had a great time, everything look amazing like out of a magazine. We are running out of friends to get married. We have one more in October than after that I think we are out of single friends.....

I am having a hard time with the fact that Labor Day weekend in almost here..... I am thinking about head up the my families house on Lake Michigan. I think C- our exchange student would like it. It's just nice to get away and not do much.

Cami got invited to her first birthday party. One of the little girls in our China play group is turning 2 and is having a princess party. The neatest thing I think is the party is at 10:30 in the morning, I thought that was a great idea for little kids. I need to put a tulle skirt together for her to wear.

Next Tuesday(Sept.2) is my first day off from me going part time!!!! Yeah, 5 day weekend. I am going to be off on Tuesdays now too!!! It will work out great because I can get Cami in a gymnastics class. One of her friends from our play group is in the same class too.

Football season will soon be firing up and I am excited about that, Jon will be working a lot because his business does a lot of things for the University here. I need to get Cami another cheerleading uniform for this season. Go Irish!!!!

8 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my gosh, I think we attended our last wedding for a while in April and I almost cried. I LOVE weddings and in the past three years, we've been to almost twenty. Now I think we're in a long term dry spell and it's killing me! We still have single friends, but I don't think any of them plan to get married anytime soon and it makes me very, very sad. (Of course this is the first thing I comment on!)

    LOVE the photos of Cami coming through the tunnel. That beautiful smile is contagious.

    Sorry to hear about your Vietnamese exchange student not working out, but glad you are still able to host someone. That should be a neat experience, and one we hope to have in the future (when we're finished adopting).

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    I think it is wonderful that you are hosting an exchange student. What a great experience for Cami.

     
  • At 8:09 PM, Blogger Mia's Mommy said…

    Congrats on the five day weekend, wooo hooo!

    I love the last pic of Cami and that enormous smile! How sweet is that!!

    I hope you post some about your experience hosting an exchange student. It's something I'd like to do too at some point.

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Heather Field said…

    How awesome that you are having an exchange studnet! I bet her and Cami will be the best of buddies! And I LOVE her expressions in the tunnel, TOO CUTE!

     
  • At 4:41 AM, Blogger Vivian M said…

    What a great opportunity for Cami and your family in hosting an exchage student! I hope you have a wonderful experience.
    Cami looks like the wedding wore her out!

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    helllloooooooooo

     
  • At 12:45 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Jo, I'm really missing you over here! Hope all is well with you and your family. Please post and update (preferrably with photos) before too much more time passes. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses you.

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Agnes said…

    Hi,

    I'm a graduate student at NYU in the public relations program. I'm writing a paper on the reputation of Vietnamese orphanages and need to obtain research on the subject. I came across your blog and was hoping you can complete a 5 question survey about your adoption experience.

    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=61GhpCOpNOJY7C1HzDnfDA_3d_3d

    I appreciate your help and time. Please let me know if I need to clarify any of the questions in the survey. Thank you in advance.

    Best,

    Agnes

     

Post a Comment

<< Home