The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Tuesday, July 08, 2008







I hope everyone had a nice 4th weekend, okay I am a bit late but, I have pictures!!!!!

I was off all last week!!!! I enjoyed myself, got some yard work done and spent some quality time with my mini me! Jon took a 4 day weekend so we got to do some fun things as a family.

We went up to an outlet mall not to far from us and put a serious hurting on the H@nnah @nderson store for next summer. I love paying $5 for things that are normally $45!!! I bought Cami 3T for next summer in tops hard telling what size she will in a year, I think some of her shorts will fit her next year because she is so tiny in the waist and butt.

Cami loved all the fireworks, she calls them boom booms. Our house is in a great spot to see a couple different fireworks shows. I am not a fan of fireworks, I don't like loud noises.... So when we took Cami to see a fireworks show a few weeks ago at a baseball game I kept trying to cover her ears and she finally looked up at me and said "no mama boom booms good" and took my hands off her ears..... My girl is getting big.

Her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds lately.... She is putting whole sentences together and sometimes adding some "choice" words here and there..... Tonight at dinner she started to eat and then all the sudden goes" dammit it hot"!!!! I almost fell over. We keep a straight face in front of her but, we both wanted to laugh. We both try very hard not to swear around her but, sometimes it's hard.....

In some exciting news for me it looks like I am going to be cutting back to part time at work, currently I work Monday-Thursday and every other Friday morning but, my new schedule looks like it will be Tuesday-Thursday and my every other Friday morning!!! I am excited that now Cami and I will be able to find some sort of mommy and me classes to take. I am eyeing a dance class because Cami LOVES music and dancing.

10 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Blogger Jess and Paul said…

    This reminds me that I need to start bargain hunting as well for next year, smart mom! Great news about the PT work!

     
  • At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "boom boom" - I love it! And the little slip up...that's so going to happen around here. I try really, really hard, but sometimes it just happens! Congrats on the new schedule. It sounds like it's going to work out really well.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger R&H said…

    She's SUCH A TODDLER! Where did that tiny baby go ?? :(

    I love hannah andersson stuff but we don't have an outlet around here and the new stuff is sooo crazy expensive!

    Hey where did you get those shoes Cami is wearing and what size shoe does she wear? They're adorable and look like good walking shoes for tiny feet! We have had a horrible time with shoes with Elia. Her feet are fat, but short. Her size two shoes are getting tight but her feet aren't big enough for the 3's.

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    haa. that is funny. no way i could have kept a straight face:)

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    How wonderful you are going to be able to spend more time with Cami!!

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mia's Mommy said…

    Oh! Mia calls them boom-booms too! I love it. The last picture looking over her shoulder, what sass! I love it. I'm happy for you that you get to cut back, and for Cami too!

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exciting more time with your sweet girl! How great! Looks like everyone had a great time for the holiday!

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how cute is she?!
    too cute!
    there is NO way we could have kept a straight face.
    how do you do it?!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Okay, so you have a little Polly Parrot in the house. Too funny! Congratulations on being able to cut back on your hours at work. That's really terrific. Just so you know, I'm pretty envious of your shopping trip to the outlets. So happy for you, though, that you found some big bargains. Love all the pictures of your sweet Cami.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger mam said…

    Yes (to answer your question on my blog), Lucy's hair is reddish too...and the texture at the back of her head is quite different than the rest of it, kind of wavy (don't think I'd go so far as to say "curly" though). Lucy's overall tone is lighter than Cami's...the main color is really a light- to mid-brown, but sounds like they've got some similar genetics floating around in those little bodies of theirs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home