The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Saturday, May 03, 2008







We had Cami's 18 month check up last week, it goes as follows:

18.2 lbs
30" tall
And her Doctor marked all other things at excellent. She is small but, very healthy.

I have been trying to find a gymnastics or dance class for her to take because I think she would love those but, no luck...... All that is offered in this area for her age group is on a weekday morning, that does not really work for me being a working mom. Apperently I am the only working mom in this area with a daughter who would enjoy an activity...

I am going to Colorado next week for work for almost a week.... This will be the first time I have ever been away from Cami, I am trying hard not to fall apart over it but, I will miss my sidekick so much. Her dad will do great because he is a very hands on dad but, still I will miss her. Luckly there are 2 more of us first time moms leaving our kiddos behind so we can all cry together.

Cami's verbal skills are growing so much. Now if she sees an animal she knows on TV she says it's name and what sound they make. She absolutly loves animals. Next weekend for Mother's Day me, Cami, my mom, my grandma, my aunt, my cousin and her daughter are all going to the zoo for Mother's Day. I know Cami will love that. My cousin is a Vet so her daughter (who is Cami's age) is always around animals so I know E- will love it too. And most of all, my 85 y.o. Grandma will love watching her "babies" play. She introduces them to everyone as "my babies"! She say's I have one blond and one with black hair, then she always tells me how she always wanted black hair.

I really need to get some pictures taken of Cami but, she does not like strangers and I know she will give her famous "evil eye" to anyone trying to take her picture..... Any suggestions would be great.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:39 PM, Blogger mam said…

    Hey, I had my first work travel a few months ago and man, it's HARD but it gets easier (since then I've traveled three more times and it really does get better). One suggestion: check out www.tokbox.com, and buy a webcam if your computer doesn't have one. Free video chatting, and you don't need to have compatible computers. We were able to "chat" after work and it definitely helped.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Cami is such a little ham! What a cutie pie she is. I know what you mean about trying to get pictures taken. I'm lucky because one of Petunia's favorite people in the world is a part-time photographer. Sorry I don't have any suggestions for you. Have a great time at the zoo, and I hope your trip to Colorado goes by very, very quickly.

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She looks so big lately!

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Jess and Paul said…

    Cami looks so grown-up! It is crazy how they change from 12-18 months. Truly amazing. Good luck on your trip...that's great you will be traveling with mom's who can empathize.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home