The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, June 30, 2008

Okay, I am really lame I have not went and bought a new disc for my camera..... It's on my list of things to do today.

Cami and I now have a new summer Saturday hang out, the zoo!! We bought a membership pass and with that on Saturday morings you can get in starting at 8am instead of 10am like everyone else. Since we are already up we have been heading over there about 8:30 walk the zoo and finish up just as the zoo opens. It's great we are always the only ones there!!!

This last Saturday Jon took the day off work and came with us. I will tell you something funny that happened to us. We were watching the tiger (he is a bit cranky) and Cami was standing up on a little step with her face to glass watching him (she loves cats) and talking to him and making cat sounds, Jon and I were back a couple feet watching when all the sudden he sprung at the glass both paws hit it. Jon and I both jumped and said "oh Sh@t" my girl never moved a muscle, matter of fact she laughed at him. This child has nerves of steel!!!! After that we moved on.....

We put a bid on the house we looked at, it's actually not a repo home, yet. It is a short sale home, so it is getting ready to go into forecloser. We are the only people putting a bit in on it and our bid is extremely low, so we will see where that gets us with the bank that holds the note on it. We just need to sell our home.

I really see a lot of great things for this house, it's in a great neighborhood and all the houses are in great shape and worth 80-100K more than what we offered the bank on this place. So with some TLC this place with go up in value big time.

I priced new floors this weekend, the carpet in that house is so stained with kids spilling kool-aid it is terrible. I am not a carpet person and since Cami has some allergies we are going to be putting wood floors down on the whole main level. Not hard wood but, the fake hard wood that I love because it's worry free.

I am running around today pricing new appliances, light fixtures, counter tops and sinks..... I am debating between black or stainless steel appliances.

In other news, we are getting ready to board that slow boat to China!!! We called Friday and spoke with our agency about their China program. When I spoke to the program director the first thing she said was I want to be very clear that families who are next up for referrals have been waiting 29 months since being DTC so this is a slow program. To that I said I know that's why we are interested in it!!! I said my Cami is almost 2 and I am not ready for another little person just yet but, I am ready to start working my way towards one and we want Cami to be about school age before she gets a sister. She started laughing and said the China is then the perfect program for us!!!

So we have decided that after the first of the year we will start the paper chase..... I keep telling myself that with this adoption I will send my paperwork to China and forget about it. But, I some how really doubt I will but, at least I am going in knowing this will take a LONG time.

We were looking at some other programs but, decided that is was important to us to have an Asian sister for Cami. Jon decided he likes being a daddy to little girls and wanted another daughter, we'll see how much he likes it in about 10-15 years!!! :)

6 Comments:

  • At 9:56 AM, Blogger mam said…

    Congratulations on the China decision!

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    The house news is so exciting!!It sounds like you really like this new house so I hope it all works out for you. Congrats on your decision to adopt again. It sounds like everything is going great!! Now, some new Cami Pictures lease;)

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Mia's Mommy said…

    awww. congrats on China! Good luck with the house, ours has been on the market since Sept, but everyone I know is selling theirs like hotcakes. I'm over it.

    Fake wood floors aren't that wonderful, if you can, go with the wood. We've had our fakes for four years and we're starting to have major issues. major

    I totally cracked up with a mental picture of you and husband jumping back, and leaving Cami on the wall.haha Kids are so innocent, she had no clue to even be nervous.

     
  • At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the China decision! I hope the house is yours!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    Very exciting news! I hope that you get the house--it sounds like an amazing deal for you guys.

    Also, congrats on China! We've been kicking that around as an idea...but may wait another year.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your decision to adopt from China! That's very exciting! I hope things work out with the new house. I am on the exact same page with carpet. We bought our home new, but it was a spec house (all of the options had been pre-selected). There was a lot of carpet, so we ripped all of it up, with the exception of the loft, and put the same wood floors down. Best decision ever! Oh, and you might like to have some mommy and me classes, but we'd love to go to our zoo! By 8:00 a.m. it's in the mid to high 90's and by 10:00, it's well over 100 degrees out! :) Of course, the zoo is like 50 miles from our house, so that wouldn't work so well...Best of luck with the house!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home