The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Okay, I am posting without photos (no hate mail please) I had all these great pictures from this weekend and now my camera disc took a dump and won't work......

Saturday Cami and I got together for an adoptive family play group at our local zoo, around 15 families showed up. We had a great time and Cami walked to whole zoo, she ended up taking a 3 hour nap after that. It was great, note to self take Cami to zoo every Saturday and have her walk!!!! I had a great time talking to other parents and Cami had fun watching all the animals.

On Friday night we went to our local minor league baseball teams game and the family we sat next to had a little girl just a bit older than Cami adopted from China, so all of us chatted the whole game, and come to find out they are in the China play group we just joined!!!

Okay, onto other things.... I went and looked at the repo house on Friday, I really like it!!! I was able to look past the very stained carpet and the walls that need a non neon paint color. I see lots of potential in this house. And with the price we can get it for we can pay to have it fixed up very nicely and still be way under our self set budget.

I keep telling myself that if it is meant to be it will be.

I am off work all next week!!! The Doctor I work for is going on vacation and his policy is if we is gone we can take off too or work if we want to. So I decided to take the week off, I am sending Cami to daycare Monday and Tuesday so I can get lots of stuff done around here that is hard to do with her home and then keeping her home with me the rest of the week. Jon is also taking a 4 day weekend to spend with us, that will be very nice because he works so much this time of year.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so happy for you that you have a lot of opportunity to spend time with other adoptive families. Isn't it nice to hang with people who can truly relate?

    The house sounds exciting! Go for it! :)

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok-your first sentence has me in stitches! i cannot even concentrate on the rest of the post!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, Blogger mam said…

    Enjoy next week's vacation! I LOVE having daycare/nanny care for Lucy and taking the day off; it's such a rare pleasure to be home alone these days and to be able to get stuff done!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home