The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, August 03, 2008






Picture #1 is all the fabrics I have been collecting for the sewing my mom and I plan on doing. I have been prowling around fabrics stores seeing who has the best selections.

Picture #2 This is Cami's new purse(hot I know) I am going to a bachelorette party Saturday night that has an 80's theme and I went to the Doll@r Tre* to find so cheap things for it and ran across this purse.... Cami loves it but, mom will have to borrow it.

She is so funny now about purses and when we say time to go bye bye she says's "wait my purse"!!! All those little toys are what she has been caring in her purse. You just never know when you will need a cooking pot and spoon!!!

And pictures 3 and 4 I took Cami Saturday to get her hair cut for the first time, her bangs were down past her nose and she won't let me clip them back, so I decided a little trim was in order. I also had my hair dresses trim up the back, she had a bit of a baby mullet going on so that got evened out a bit more. It looks so cute but, I think it makes her look a bit older because now she has a little style going. She did so good and held still, I have taken her will me a few times so she would know what to expect.

And on to the not so fun stuff. I really don't hit to heavy on the hard adoption subjects on this blog but, I felt like I needed to address this.

My daughter is from Nam Dinh, there has been some serious things come up about Nam Dinh adoptions in the last few weeks. I know very little about her life prior to May 2007 and now I feel I know even less. Was she one of the babies in this scandal? I have no idea and will probably never know.

Did we get a fast referral? No we we DTV 2 weeks shy of 1 year when we got matched. Did we travel fast after referral? Yes, the babies from Cami's orphanage were already paper ready when they were referred, I had heard of other orphanages doing this also so it did not seem strange. Nam Dinh was a new area for our agency to be working with, so we were one of the first families to complete an adoption from there.

There were lots of babies in her orphanage(around 20) and a 3 toddlers, I had never been to an orphanage before so I had and still do not have any idea if that is a lot of children.

Out of all this the only thing I really know is that I have a happy healthy wonderful little girl I am blessed to call my daughter. I have decided long before this scandal broke that I would always be honest with my daughter about anything I knew regarding her adoption and this new turn of events will not change it.

The truth may not be pretty but, it will be the truth. I never want her to feel that I have kept anything from her or hid it. I know I will have some very hard questions to answer one day.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wonderful pictures - the trim looks great!

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    cami does look like a big girl.

    and the nam dinh stuff, i can't say much except that I support you...always.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First of all, Cami's hair looks awesome! You're right - she does look older but still sooo pretty! Love the purse. LOL! I think it's adorable that she wants her purse before you leave. What a cutie pie. Um, the sewing? Can you teach me how to sew a button? I'm that inept. The very idea of using all of that fabric in your photo to actually create things makes me jealous. And finally, I couldn't agree with you more about always being honest. The truth isnt' always pretty or easy with adoption, but that doesn't change the need to be honest. I'm sorry you're having to think about this. I've got a lot of stuff on my mind as well and it's tiring. You're a good mom.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home