The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, March 25, 2007






So this is what I have been up to this weekend. Getting my house back together after painting.
I got: A new area rug, coffee table/ottoman(with storage) curtains, throw pillows, throw blanket and black picture frames.
I am really liking the new look. The husband just needs to put up the crown molding I want now....
And the 13" TV for some reason does not cut it for the husband.... We actually have a finished basement that our family room is in with a TV I feel is WAY to big!!!!
When we bought our house we had a deal that I could do what I wanted upstairs if he could make the basement his area..... His "area" is slowly getting taken over with toys and pink and it will only get worse!!!!!
The dog cage is new for Shelby. I am working on cage training her now, maybe I can teach and old dog new tricks!!!!! As you can tell the cage is huge, so I am calling it her condo. I am working on this so that when Kitten comes home Shelby will have her very own space.
I am also loving the new rug I got for the future Kitten play area. I needed some girly stuff to help block out all the Chicago Cubs and Bears stuff. I am planning on using the shelve thing for toy storage. I got the rug at Target ($99.00) I loved it and it is a really nice rug, I did not think the price was to back it is 5'x7'. The shelve and baskets are from Target also. Can you tell I love Target??????? I am now looking for a little person table and chairs to go on the rug.
I am holding off putting stuff back on the walls in the living room because I want to see what I can get when we go to Vietnam, I think it would be really neat to decorate with stuff I find over there.
Here is to a new week, the last week of March, may it bring good news to those of us on pins and needles waiting for phone calls (referrals or travel calls).

12 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger Solbergs said…

    Hey there! Thx for the comment. Our dogs are in for a bit of a shocker -- they won't know what has hit them when the twins arrive. Especially our English Bully, Norma. She is such the princess. Our American Bulldog, Nelly, is so kind and gentle that if I yell at her once, she will be under the bed! Your dog (granted I can't see too much in detail) looks like a cross from an American & English bulldog. She has the face of Nelly and the body of Norma. I love it!!! She is a cutie. We also had a humongous crate for a while too, but that didn't fly with our pooches. Good luck!! Would love to see more pics of Shelby!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger Solbergs said…

    The snoring can be quite obnoxious at times!! She is a cutie.

    As for the twins -- thanks! We are very excited, but the bad news is that it will be a short flight to VN, but a long one back. I have to return to the States before entering HK since they need to enter on US passports. So I get to do the intl flight twice. Lucky me. I guess the positive side is that we won't have any jet lag once we get to Hanoi!

     
  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Everything looks GREAT!! I love the play area rug!

     
  • At 11:34 PM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    Looking good! I love the rug.

     
  • At 7:59 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Everything is looking awesome. That rug is too cute. I am a huge Target junkie myself.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Ange said…

    I wish we had a target here! Anyway I love the rug, and the matching baskets, they are so cute. I am with you on hoping for good things this week!

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    You can buy oil paintings in Saigon for a STEAL!! You can also get the most beautiful embroidered "paintings" that you've ever seen. You'll definitely find plenty in Vietnam to fill your wall space! It's looking great so far... I especially love the rug.

     
  • At 8:38 PM, Blogger Karrie said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 10:15 PM, Blogger Karrie said…

    Make sure you go to pottery village in Hanoi. Worth the trip and you can find more for your shelves. The music insturments in Hanoi are great too...

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Everything is really coming together nicely. Hope hubby gets the crown molding up for you soon. I think the play area is going to be great -- such a cute rug and cubbies!

     
  • At 1:11 AM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    In looking through your photo's I noticed we have the exact same Winnie the Poo artwork ..we got ours in Disney world MONTHS ago! Love the colors you have in the room too! I enjoy folowing your blog

     
  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger S. said…

    I love the color of your drapes. So pretty!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home