The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, February 25, 2007

It is a super nasty day outside, sleety snow that will be freezing tonight. Needless to say, I have basically spend the day in bed under my electric blanket. I am currently watching the movie "Ray" on TV, I have been wanting to see it so now is my chance. It's a great movie, Jamie Foxx does an awesome job as Ray Charles.

Since there is not much to post this will be another random one.

So now that I am closer to motherhood, I have been thinking about how much has changed so far and all the changes yet to come. Here are a few things that we talk about around here.

My husband laughs because now instead of checking out sports cars we are eyeing Honda Odyssey mini vans and Volvo station wagons..... I always said I would never drive either of those vehicles but, I can pretty much guarantee you that my next car will be one of those. I love my Jeep Liberty but, I dream of having automatic opening doors!!!!

The vacations we talk about now no longer involve white sand beaches and a bar in the pool. They some how all are revolving around Disney. Do we do Disney World, Disney cruise or Disney Land? Well, I have found the answer my friends. We want to do that Disney cruise with a few days at Disney World first, ahhh the best of both!!!! We love Disney World to begin with, so adding a child to the mix is our excuse to go more often!!!

We head to Vegas soon for my BIL's wedding, I am so excited to get out of this crappy weather. I did a little shopping yesterday for some new things to wear while in Vegas. I still want to get a few more things. I finally bought a pair of those Goucho pants, I am loving them. I plan on taking them to Vietnam.

Speaking of going to Vietnam, I keep making all these lists of things to take. I would love for us to pack light, one suit case for us and one for kitten. I am not sure if it is possible but, I am going to try. We are planning on staying in the Somerset Apartments while over there. I like the idea of having more space, a kitchen and a washer/dryer. I think if we have our own washer/ dryer I can pack lighter. I'll be honest, by me packing lighter, I can buy more while I'm over there right?????

3 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    I'm sorry for the nasty weather, but what a great excuse for spending a day in bed!

    Keep making vacation plans for the future and enjoy your "Mom Mobile" whenever you get it.

    Have fun in Vegas!!!

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    We've had some icky weather too, so I feel your misery. Although staying home and watching a good movie is a pretty good way to spend a day!

    I LOVE Disney World and I think the WDW/cruise combo is the way to go. We lived in the Orlando area for one year and I never got enough of the mouse. :) Oh and a brand new Volvo XC70 is my dream car, so I'm right there with ya. Dreaming about my next mom mobile.

    I think you should be able to get your stuff into just 2 bags. Little clothes don't take up much room at all!

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    i love an occasional nasty day...then you dont feel quite so quilty doing nothing!
    --
    anything disney rocks! seriously, it is the most creative company.
    you will have a blast.

    emily

     

Post a Comment

<< Home