The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, February 12, 2007

So, the surprise party for the husband was a surprise!! It turned out really good and everyone had a great time. I was glad to do something nice for him, he is always doing nice things for me.

Still no news on the adoption front. And it's still very slow around here.

I have decided that I am going to keep myself busy while I wait for a referral by painting our kitchen and living room. But, first I have to primer the walls. And, since I am repainting everything I guess I have to get all new goodies like pillows, curtains and rugs!!!! I love new stuff, I have not gotten new stuff since we bought our house 5 years ago....

Just a few more weeks and then we get to go to Vegas!!! I will be glad to get out of this weather.

The husband is trying to twist my arm into going to Hawaii this spring (he found really good prices out of Chicago). Now any other time I would love to go because I LOVE Hawaii but, I am planning on going to Vietnam this year and I want to make sure I have lots of spending money for all the goodies they have for me to purchase over there.

Tomorrow night should be interesting the MIL is taking us out to eat for hubby's birthday, I suspect she will behave. However, my BIL will probably run his mouth and be his usual ignorant moron self!!!!

The BIL is a real peace of work, he has some mental health issues he chooses to not take any medicine for but, instead self medicates with alcohol. In the 7+ years Rich and I have been together his brother has never has a stable job. But, I guess when your mom pays all your bills including paying for a new Harley that you bought while unemployed!!!

Yesterday we stopped by the MIL's house to have some birthday cake she made for Rich and the BIL was there (shocker), he started talking about when he builds his house (blah blah blah) after listening to this "house" he is going to build I finally could not take it anymore and said "how are you going to build a house when you don't have a job, do you think your mom is going to pay for that too?" I had to say that, my inner b$tch came out. His response was "I work" and I then said "being your mom's around the house helper does not count." And to top it off my MIL snorted with laughter. Enough of that drama!!!

Congrats to Rachel who gets to go get her girl in a few weeks!!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    I don't think I would be able to keep my mouth shut either!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    Vegas!! I'm jealous! Enjoy! It will take your mind off of the wait...if you're still waiting.

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oh, even shopping money for Vietnam couldn't stop me from hopping a plane to Hawaii! :) And Vegas? FUN!

    And thanks for the shout out...I will take notes for you on good places to shop :)

     
  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger S. said…

    Sounds like they need Dr. Phil!

    And have fun in Vegas--I think I must be the only person who has never been there!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    go to hawaii!!!
    just think...everything in VN is inexpensive!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home