The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Thursday, January 04, 2007

So now that I have had this latest (and hopefully last) surgery, people we know have called to ask if we can now "have our own children".... (we all know that line). Last night I heard the husband on the phone and then all the sudden he says "Well Kitten will be OUR child and we will love her as much as any other child that comes into our lives". When he hung up the phone he came over to me and said "why can't people get the fact that Kitten will be our child"?????

We started looking into adoption about 5 years ago and came to the conclusion that we wanted to enrich our life with adopting a child. Now as the years went by I started to develop some problems my Doctor offered to talk to us about available treatments to get pregnant. I said thanks for the offer, but we are adopting. He said not a problem, but if you ever change your mind let me know, or if you need a letter about infertility to adopt I would be happy to write it for you. (He has been my all time favorite Doctor ever).

Am I disappointed with the fact I have had a curve ball thrown at me but, only with the fact that I have had to have a few surgeries. But, I have never felt disappointed with the fact that biological children are not going to be part of our future (not to say if we got pregnant we would be disappointed). We both know there are so many millions of children that need homes. We know we can't make a huge difference in the world but, we can make a world of difference in the life of our child.

So, to those who wonder if we are "going to have a child of our own" the answer is YES and she is waiting for us somewhere in Vietnam.....

Is adoption an easy way to start a family, H@ll no! But, we would not have it any other way.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you tell it to them girl! I agree 100%, sometime people just don't get it thou...

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    People can be soooo clueless! I hope you are feeling better.

     
  • At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    All of our children are so so so OUR children! They do so many things in their actions and mannerisms to prove that....good and bad! LOL Your child will be totally yours as no one else's could be. They will realize that after she is more than a concept and plan. They'll see her face, experience her personality and understand... FALL IN LOVE with YOUR child. YOURS, like noone elses. God bless!

    ~Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home