The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We are a bit curious in what 2007 has in store for us. Is there a baby in our future this year? I hope so, but we also can't help to be a little bit skeptical. Because we thought 2005 would be our year and then again in 2006. We are trying to stay positive, but we all know that can get hard after a while.

However, we did buy a DVD camcorder in preparation for our trip to Vietnam, whenever that is.

I really do not have to much to say, because I am still on semi-bed rest, but hopefully after my appointment on Thursday I will be aloud to do a bit more...

Oh, I do have this little tid bit to give everyone a giggle.. My MIL called me today to ask me about BIL J- (he is getting married in March in Vegas)anyways, she was asking me all sorts of questions about the wedding. I kept saying "I don't know, why don't you call them and ask". The questions were like: What should I wear, what colors are the wedding and what time is it??? I really had no idea what the answers were to these question. Its not my wedding, I am not in the wedding and when it's someone else's wedding I just do what the bride tells us to do.

Then she said that she would pay for our plane tickets, I asked why she was going to do that. It took her a minute to come up with the answer, and she said call it an early birthday present for Rich.. The reason she offered to pay for our tickets is because we found out that she was paying for Rich's unemployed brother and his girlfriend to go out and she is also paying for their hotel. Now we never said a word to her about this, but she knows how mad Rich gets about her babying his 35 year old brother. Then she said all 5 of us can share a room..... YA RIGHT.... I told Rich that, he about keeled over laughing.

Now, I can't complain about the fact that she has been generous with her money on the past, however, you never hear the end of it.

When Rich and I got married a few years ago, she said she would give us $10K for our wedding to spend how we wanted, well when it came time for the wedding she decided she would only pay for the bar bill. We were like okay, we can deal with that, because my parents were paying for the reception and with Rich's work we got lots of stuff for free (he's in the party business) So we had a "My Big Fat Polish Wedding" (There is a very big Polish population here) about 300 people and the bar bill came, it was about $3500.00 she had a fit about that, Rich pulled out his credit card and said "I'll pay it since you are apparently backing out on that too". She ended up paying it, but the next day when we were opening up gifts she kept complaining about the $3500.00 bar bill. My mom finally snapped and said "well I just paid $10K to feed everyone and you don't hear me b@tching and if I recall there were a lot more of your people there than ours". (my mom is great like that) So that shut her up.... At least I thought it did.

Well, I found out from the BIL that is getting married, they did not ask her for any money because she is still complaining about our bar bill and he did not want to hear about it for the rest of his life.

However, the other BIL that is unemployed has had at least 2 DUI's that I know she paid all his fines and legal fees and still supports him financially in every way possible, right down to gas and cigarette money.... Yes folks cigarette money.

So with all that she does for him, Rich has no trouble with her giving us money. He says that he has had a job since he was 10 and has bought all his own stuff so she can pay for stuff now.

Enough complaining about her, I know the stories are endless with her... I hope that is able to make a few of you feel better about your own families.... Know you know why we are thinking about moving away from them!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:27 AM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    I swear you have the same MIL as my sister! Maybe they were seperated at birth. She's stuck in Palm Springs for the week with her crazy MIL. I keep getting text messages so desperae and funny that they make me laugh so hard I almost pee my pants.

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok...I hate to rub it in but I have the best MIL in the world. I would love to move closer to her. Of course, I don't have the great stories you have. Your mom sounds like mine...she would totally tell her where to put it ha ha
    Oh, and Kelley...I think I could tolerate Palm Springs with just about anyone HAHA

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My MIL is interesting...lets just put it that way. I have nothing in common with the woman...AT ALL. I know she doesn't like me, never has. She lives 20 minutes away & NEVER visits. Ever. Never calls. Never knows whats going on with our lives even when Tim tries to keep her informed. She just sits in her house like a hermit & smokes like a chimney.

    Whew, that was a good vent session! Ha ha! Your MIL is certainly a piece of work and the whole situation reminds me of parts of my extended family. There's always a sibling mooching.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home