The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, December 18, 2006

Nothing new for me to post about so that's why I have been missing. My surgery is Thursday, hopefully I will be home on Friday. My momma is coming up for it, and my husband is off work with me until January 2nd. I am off work until February 5th. I will be glad to get this done with, and much rather do it now than when Kitten is home, because I would not be able to pick her up, and that would totally stink!!!!

All done with the Christmas shopping and everything is wrapped.... I wish my wrapping looked great, but it doesn't.. I have a friend who's presents always look great, beautiful paper and nice hand made bows. I think she would give Martha Stewart a run for her money on craftiness..

Since I have nothing exciting to blog about, I thought I would answer some of the questions from another blog.

What is the one holiday ritual you would absolutely never give up? I would have to say Christmas morning, my husband I get up early and sit in front of the Christmas tree (still in our p.j.'s) and open our presents to each other and then we make breakfast. I love it because it is just us and there is no rushing, we just enjoy ourselves.

What is the part of the holidays you find the most tedious and exhausting? That would have to be dealing with my MIL... I'll leave it at that!!!!

What is the worst or weirdest gift you have ever received? One of my BIL's got me a gift card to a hunting/fishing store.... The only hunting I do is for Coach purses. I don't think I could hunt or fish in my pointy toes heels!!!!!

What is the most memorable gift you have ever received? I got a pony when I was 3 for my birthday/Christmas.

What is the one thing you do to make organizing your holiday a little bit easier?
I am a planner, so if I was not organized I would keel over....

If you could make one holiday wish, this year, what would it be? Thanks easy, have my Kitten cakes home and decked out in the cutest Christmas dress ever!!!!

I am a bit grinchy this year. I did not do Christmas cards this year... I did not feel like it. I had planned last year, that this year I would do really cute pictures of Kitten for our Christmas cards(lets face it when you have kids, people only want to see them!!!) Well, that did not work out for us, so I am crabby and decided to not do any Christmas cards!!!!!

My husband and I were talking and said "well this should be our last Christmas with just the 2 of us". This is the running joke between the 2 of us, we have been saying that since we were married in 2004. We dated for 4 years before we got married and wanted to get started on a family right after our wedding.... Well, 2.5 years later we are still trying to start a family.....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I pray that this WILL be your last Christmas as two! It WILL happen-in God's time! Sometimes I wonder if He lost his calendar! Who am I to question his timing? But I don't have to like it :-)

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Ange said…

    Good luck with your surgery. We've been saying that too "this will be our last Thanksgiving, last Christmas etc." that was two years ago also.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home