The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Saturday, November 04, 2006

I have never been so happy to return to the cold weather in my entire life! I got home from Florida today.

My uncle B- passed away Tuesday night on his own. I was thankful that decisions did not have to be made regarding unplugging any machines.

Unfortunately things will my crazy uncle W- went way worse than anyone could of expected. But, he will have to live with the extremely poor decisions he choose to make. To make matters worse his wife and daughter also participated in this behavior.

Because of their actions they could all face criminal theft charges for stealing money and other items from my uncles house before he had even passed away. They also would not give important keys and documents to my cousins so they could be passed onto the lawyer that is now working on settling the estate. They said that my cousins will need a court order to get these items, so the lawyer said "if that's what they want then that's what they will get".

My grandmother called me because she wanted to know what exactly is going on. I had been very worried about her, but she has once again proven herself as a pillar of strength. My little grammy is 83, but she is as sharp as a tack. So I was honest with her about W-'s behavior. She was beyond the point of pissed, she has been getting more and more upset with W-'s actions over the years and his treatment of her other 3 children. So needless to say, my sweet little grammy has made lots of changes in the last few days that will really shock some people when they surface.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    Soooo sorry you have to deal with all of this!! Glad you are home safe and sound and doing well though!

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad you are home and well. Sounds like your gran is as scrappy as mine.

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I'm so sorry about your uncle's passing. And I'm truly sorry that everyone is having to deal with more drama in addition to the grief of losing a loved one. Prayers are going up for your family.

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Ange said…

    I'm so sorry that all of this is happening for you. Take care of yourself there are a lot of people thinking and praying for you and your family.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your uncle's passing. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home