The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Friday, October 27, 2006

Well, we received some not so great news from our agency this week. They are saying the wait for a referral has increased to 8-12 months for a girl. I am hoping since we said we would accept a little girl under the age of 2, that maybe we will get a referral a little sooner. After receiving the longer wait time news I curled up in the fetal position for a while now that I have pulled myself together and am doing okay. Well I have to do okay what choice do I have? As crappy as a longer wait time is there is nothing I can do about it.

Our Dossier has been in Vietnam for 4 months and 1 week..... Not that I'm keeping track!!

On a good note I am wearing pants today, oh let me rephrase that, I am wearing jeans today.. I have not been able to wear jeans since my surgery, so I have been wearing jogging pants. Just to let everyone know, I wear pants everyday. I would not want to scare anyone..

Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet? I know we are planning to start while we are in Tennessee, but I have no idea what to get my husband.. Last year I got him a "manly diaper bag" its navy blue from L.L.Bean. He said there would be NO WAY he would be caught dead with the diaper bag I had picked out. Apparently the Petal Pink collection by Vera Bradley is not his taste...

And I was just curious, when did Madonna start speaking with a British accent? All of my family is from Michigan and I have not detected even the slightest hint of a British accent in any of us... Maybe more of a Canadian accent (or Yooper for those who know what this is).

4 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    I really hope you are on the shorter end of that wait. I don't know how I'll manage the wait myself, our dossier went to Vietnam this week!

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    The only consolation I can offer about the wait is that you're not alone. There are many, many of us out here who understand.

    About Christmas shopping... I'm about one-third finished. I plan on getting everything else done before Thanksgiving. It's one thing I have control over these days, and I'm going to take advantage of that to the fullest! LOL

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Sorry to hear you might be waiting longer than ancticipated. It seems that is the story with many agencies now.

    Too funny about the manly diaper bag...sounds like my husband :)

     
  • At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's hard to get bad new, expectually on waiting! urg.

    I heard Eddie Bauer has a nice "manly" diaper backpack. And yes, I'm a big planner so too have been thinking about christmas.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home