The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I am trying to keep a positive view while waiting for a referral (somedays are easier that others) and starting tomorrow, we are a week closer to our little person.

My BIL is getting married in March, first it was going to be in Scottsdale Arizona where they live, but now they decided they are going to get married at the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas. They love Vegas and were planning on honeymooning there anyways. I looked up the Monte Carlo Hotel, looks very nice. We have not yet been to Vegas and had just been talking about going there to see what it is like before Kitten comes home. So now with the wedding, that is just the perfect excuse for us. We tried to convince them the should have the wedding in Hawaii (we love Hawaii,we went last year for our Anniversary). But, no luck.....

My mom will be flying in next Saturday for my surgery on Tuesday, so I assume we will run wild in the streets until check-in time on Tuesday... Sunday we are going to Kalamazoo Michigan to visit my Aunt (moms sister) and my sweet Grammy (moms mom). My Grammy hand knitted a baby afghan for Kitten so I am excited to see it. My Grammy is 83 and not in the best health, but it was important for her to make this afghan. My Aunt works for Johnson& Johnson so she has a bunch of baby goodies that she has been buying at their employee store, she said she had to hide all the stuff she got for me at my Grammys because my Cousin (her daughter) keeps taking everything(she is pregnant and due any day now). So, I guess my mom and I will hit the Babies R us on Saturday to get some gifts for my cousin baby. It will be fun baby shopping with my mom, because with her being so far away , she has missed out on so much we have done. Maybe while we are out, she will just feel like Kitten needs more clothes or toys..... She did get her the BEST carseat ever (Britax Marathon) it is soo cute, its pink with rose buds. I love it, Rich thinks it is to pink for his car. So I found a grey and black Britax one for his car, but we will wait to buy it until we get our referral.

We find it so funny, that now our conversations with our friends are about stroller, car seats and baby goodies. Oh, how the times have changed. Now, instead of dreaming about a new convertible I am checking out Volvos (one of the safest cars of the road). My former party girl self would swell up and die if she knew I wanted a Volvo.
I have been cleaning my house like a mad woman all weekend because I know it will drive me nuts if my house is dirty while I am down and out after surgery.
I am trying to get together with Richs cousin so he can fix my photo uploader problem, then when he gets it figured out I will have to bombard everyone with way to many photos of clothes and baby accessories. Plus, I want to get the photo stuff down before we go to Vietnam so I can post countless pictures of our fabulous little girl and our trip.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I hope that you do bombard us with pictures of your baby stuff!! I love to see it. I hope that your surgery goes well. I will be thinking about you. I promise to post some more snippets of Lucy and her new stuff either today or tomorrow. Hopefully it will be tonight.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home