The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, October 02, 2006

2 referrals for twin girls have been given to 2 fellow bloggers in the last few days. That is such awesome news, congrats to the new parents.

When we started this journey Rich wanted to request twins, but I was hesitant. However, now if our agency were to ask us if we open to twins I would say YES.... Wishful thinking, I know!

Also sending my thoughts out to all the families whose travel to meet their children is delayed because on a world economic thingy going on in Hanoi. Sorry world leaders, but getting these kids home is more important.

Today I am feeling a bit sorry for myself, most of it I think has to do with the fact that I have stabbing pains from my ovaries, they appear to be very angry at me. Only 15 day until my surgery, hopefully this surgery will make them behave.......

I am also sad that we will go yet another Christmas without a small person to spoil, we may not even have a referral by Christmas. I HATE dealing with everyone during the Holidays asking us where is that baby and why is she not here yet? Some place I saw a t-shirt that said " No, I do not have any new news about my adoption and thanks for reminding me." We are day dreaming about a Christmas time referral, that would definitely be the best gift we could ever get. But a Halloween or Thanksgiving referral would be awesome too, see there I am day dreaming again.

Well better go pop some more pills and call it a night.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    twin girls would be a dream come true!
    I know how you feel, it is very hard to think about Christmas, knowing we probably won't even have seen Elia's face by Christmas time! :( UGH! And to think last year we thought for sure we'd have her home by Christmas this year!

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    I think I am going to make a t-shirt like that!

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think all these holidays make the waiting harder because they are these huge mental milestones and when they come with no good news, it's just that much more depressing. I'll be crossing fingers that your referral comes soon! And prayers for your surgery too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home