The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, September 11, 2006

Some days I think it is strange that I have trouble remembering what I did the day before, but I have NO problem remembering every single thing I did on September 11, 2001. That fateful day 5 years ago will be with me for the rest of my life. I remember someone's stupid remarks that truly showed he had no soul. I remember my husband (then boyfriend) was out of town for work, I was scared to be home alone, not knowing what was going on in the world. I was constantly on the phone with my mother who lives in Florida. The one good thing I can say was that my Grandfather had not lived long enough to see those attacks, he passed away 4 months before this happened. To me, my grandfather was an American War Hero, he was a Fighter Pilot in World War II, he like all American Soldiers really knew /know what it is to give all for the country that they love. Had he been alive and seen the attacks on the U.S.A. he would have been so heart broken and probably would have wanted to fight the terrorists himself, never mind he was 80+ years old and had Parkinson decease so bad he was basically wheel chair bound. With all this being said, I send my thoughts and prayers out to all American's as we struggle to come to turns with the changes that have happened to us in the last 5 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home