The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Well, I cryed myself to sleep last night after the Notre Dame game...... Now today is a better day for me, the husband took me out to dinner for our Anniversary, it was very nice. Our actual Anniversary is tomorrow, but he has to go out of town for work so we celebrated today. I got him a new wedding ring, since he lost his a while ago. He got me a fantastic new Coach purse (I LOVE Coach purses), I only have a few because they are a bit pricey. I suspect he got me such a nice one because he knows I am sad that we do not have referral yet and Coach always makes me happy. I must say that I have a great husband that takes great care of me, and I know he will do the same with Kitten. Speaking of Kitten, I saw a cute shirt made by Carters that says "Cute As A Button" on it and has a little bear button on it, I just had to get it. Target also has a cute t-shirt that says "Everyone Loves A Brown Eyed Girl" I have to get that onetoo... As I said before, my parents a relocating to Tennessee, they are going up next weekend to house hunt. They have decided that they want to try to find a house with a few acres, with that, they also informed us that they intend to get Kitten a Pony and some Goats. I had Horses, Ponies and Goats growing up and they want the same for her... I said that's great, but she is going to be disappointed that here at home it is against city code for us to have Ponies and Goats..... I am beginning to think that my parents have been abducted by aliens because these are not the same people I have know for almost 28 years...... They are constantly sending packages for Kitten with books, toys and clothes in it. I am just not sure what to think of these people that claim to be my parents... Deep down I think it has to do with the fact that my mom was 20 when she had me and they really did not have much for a while, now they are almost 50 and financially secure so they can really splure on the grandchild. Plus, I am an only child , so Kitten will be the center of their Grandparent Universe. My parents are such great people and we always have so much fun with them, I guess that's why we always seem to go on vacation with them. We are very excited for them to move so much closer to us.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    You're so lucky to have such great support from your parents. Your baby is so lucky too and she doesn't even know it yet!
    Where was the brown eyed girl shirt? I totally want to get that!!!
    Do you have any idea what number you are on the referral list? I'm kind of afraid to ask-thinking I'll be like number 500 or something..lol.

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    Well I went to Target tonight to get the brown eyed girl shirt, but they only had the blue eyed girl shirt left ! :(
    I wanted to get a bunch of them because I do daycare for 3 indian babies and 2 brazilian babies and we always play "brown eyed girl" for them-they are so proud of their brown eyes.
    I did find some other cute things though for super cheap!

    Anyway, number 40 isn't so bad. I wonder what number we are. We're actually with All God's Children who is partnering with Faith's vietnam program.
    My email is heather @ first discoveries childcare . com (take away the spaces)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home