The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am sorry I have been a bit of a wet blanket lately. As we all know, this wait really takes its tolls on you.

I am normally not a downer of a person. I have always been known to be fun to be around. Heck, I could have fun in a brown paper bag..

I will say that I did get cheered up tonight, thanks to VH1. That's right ladies, it was the "100 Greatest 80's Hits". Don't tell me I am the only one who had the red Michael Jackson jacket with all the zippers!!

After tonight I can hopefully remember that "the other guy from Wham" is named Andrew.. It has only taken me 20 years!!

I find it so funny that I have trouble remembering what I had for lunch, but I can remember that Tawny Catan danced on the hood of a Jaguar in Whitesnake videos... Maybe I can remember it so well because I loved David Coverdales big hair and secretly wished it was me dancing on that Jag...

Okay, and how many of you can say you danced with your mom at your wedding to Run DMC/Aerosmith "Walk This Way". (One of my favorite songs).

So now that I have given up some of my 80's secrets how about anyone else???

I feel such relief, I have been hiding these secrets for so long! I have more 80's secrets I will share another time, because I am afraid that they would be to much for you to handle...

3 Comments:

  • At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The 80s rock. Period. And yes I had the red zippered MJ coat too. Waiting sucks, I hear you on that. :)

     
  • At 9:52 AM, Blogger Ange said…

    My cousin had that coat, but I don't think he'd admit to it now! I use to want to marry Corey Hart thank heaven that all dreams don't come true!
    Thanks for the funny post.

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Rachel said…

    Hair bands. I still love 'em! I will admit to watching almost all of the VH1 shows. I had the mall bangs (radar bangs, whatever you want to call them) and those high tops that tied only 1/2 way up and at the top were 2 velcro straps. Totally awesome! Of course, come the 90's I did quickly trade that fashion for the baggy grunge look. I love grunge...everything big & baggy and still be in style!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home