The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. Next Christmas should be different for everyone (in a really good way)!!

The husband and I were talking and we made a list of what we are looking forward to for next Christmas..

Baking cookies for Santa
Picking out cute Christmas outfits for Kitten
Taking Kitten to the children's Mass at church
Getting cute pictures of Kitten in all her holiday wear
Sending out Christmas cards with Kittens picture in them
Having 3 stockings to hang
And of coarse showing off our wonderful little girl to EVERYONE!!!!!

Well I think I am going to go with a pouch baby carrier, not to just decide on a pattern that I want. I think I will get a Mei Tai also when she gets a bit older. What the heck, I will probably have a million baby carriers (like I do diaper bags)!!!! Oh well, I will want to carry my best girl all the time..

Christmas was some what interesting for me, granted I am all hopped up on narcotics!!!! First we went to the MIL's...... I will say, she did get me some nice things for Christmas. However, I find it strange that she bought my BIL's girlfriend a $400.00 leather Harley Davidson jacket.... I about fell over because they are not even engaged..... I told my husband she is probably just so thankful he has a girlfriend that's why she bought it. She told me the he was supposed to split the cost of the jacket with her, but he never gave her the money..... Shocker, since he has no job and she(MIL) pays all his bills!!!!!! That subject is a whole nother post......

Anyways, things were going fine until she (once again) reminded me that my other BIL (moved to get away from her and is getting married in March) and is soon to be wife are going to start trying to have a baby after their wedding (they are in their 30's) she said, wouldn't that be funny if they had a baby before you got yours home!!! Some how she finds humor in how long we have been at this. Well I some what snapped.. I said: I know that since you had 3 babies in the time we have wanted 1 you would have absolutely no idea what we are going threw, but I thought you being a good Catholic who goes to church every week would be a bit kinder to us!!!! And then I also said: I will be sure to remember all your non sense when it comes time to pick a nursing home for you... Her jaw dropped on that one.... It felt good... She knows that any decisions for her long term care will be left up to Rich and I. The son that moved wants nothing to do with her, the other son who she pays his bills can't wipe his own butt little own make long term decisions, so that leaves my husband all of us ladies know that it is really our decision!!!!

Enough of my evil ways on Christmas!!!!!!

We also visited my FIL's family in the evening (my FIL passed away 7 years ago) his family is very good to rich and I and they are sooooo excited about Kitten. We always have fun with them.

We have come up with a slogan for us in 2007, it goes"

2007- The year of the baby-

Feel free to use it, since it applies to lots of us this next year!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    2007- The year of the baby-

    I like that!

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a kodak moment! I can imagine your MIL's face when you said that! Ah, Christmas spirit :)

    I love that you guys are thinking ahead to next Christmas. Little girl holiday dresses are soooo adorable!

    I love your slogan. Perfect.

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jo thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!
    2007 - Year of the Baby, I LOVE that! May it be a year of the baby for us all.
    p.s. your MIL sounds like my mother!!!

     
  • At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! This post cracked me up! My MIL is a real piece of work too. In fact, I haven't seen or heard from her since this last Mother's Day. I am all too thankful! However, my husband is her only child. I can't WAIT until she NEEDS our help. Yeah, good luck with that!

    OH! AND, my 24yo sister decided to try and get pregnant after DH and I started the adoption paperwork. We just got our referral on 12/14/06. She had her daughter on Christmas day! Merry Christmas! =)

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    Your MIL sounds like my sisters MIL. They were at her house for a visit and my sis made her mad so she ignored her and pretended she wasn't there for the rest of the visit. How rude is that?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home