The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

So, I just saw on www.people.com that Angelina Jolie will get to pick up her new son soon. I am glad to see the attention it is bringing to the children of Vietnam that need families. I also am excited to see the kind of things she will do for the orphans of Vietnam like she has done for her other children's countries.

They say she is adopting a 3.5 year old little boy, and I am glad this little guy will get a family. I am a fan of Angelina Jolie, I think she does a lot of great things for people all over the world and brings light to subjects we do not hear much about here in the U.S. There is a very good article on her and the work that she does for the U.N. in this weeks Newsweek, if you can, read it.

The thing I am a bit down about is that we are 9 months and 1 week DTV and I have absolutely no idea when we will get a referral. Last time I talked to our agency I was told we are #8 and #10, how is that..... Well, she said that there are 2 families ahead of us open to a boy or a girl, so if they get boys then we are #8. (Hi K- I hope you get your referral soon)

I am just so frustrated with this whole process.... We turned in our application to the agency June of 2005, when Vietnam "re-opened" unfortunately licenses were not given out until January 2006. We waited until our agency had their license before we started our dossier (they were one of the first to get a license). It took almost 3 month to get our I-171H so our dossier did not get to Vietnam until June of 2006.

When our dosseir went over it was a 3-6 month wait, then a 6-9 month wait now it is 12+ month wait for a referral.

We requested a girl 0-18 months (with them knowing that if one comes in that is almost 2 years old to let us know) we are open to minor SN. You would think with this we would get some sort of bone thrown our way......

Will we do an International adoption again? We are not sure, if so it will not be for a few years. If we do, I am going to go with a country that is more stable and predictable (not to say Vietnam won't be by the time we want to do this again) With all the changes in China we would still qualify for their adoptions once I turn 30 (in 1 year 9months!!!!!!). So, I guess time will tell.

Today is just a crummy day for me, every place I went today there were cute little Asian girls and their adoptive mommies..... My friend was with me and said "what the hell, you are being teased".

I think the husband is letting me redo everything in the house because he is afraid I am on the verge of a breakdown and maybe shopping and keeping me busy will prevent that.

I am so glad we are going to Las Vegas on Thursday for 6 whole days. It will be nice to not be here walking past an empty baby room. I keep the door closed and don't go in there very often anymore but, I still know what is behind that door.

So off to some fun in the sun.

6 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger S. said…

    Sorry the wait is draggin on so long for you. I can imagine how difficult it is to wait. I hope that Vegas is refreshing and in the meantime, I bet your house is looking great!

     
  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    I hope that things turn around quickly for you! Take time to relax & enjoy Vegas, when you return from your trip maybe you'll feel better about the wait. Your little girl is coming to you, believe it.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    I hope you have a grand, stress-free time in Vegas. By the time you get back, surely there will be some news!

     
  • At 10:13 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    Hi Jo,

    Bummer for the wait...even though ours hasn't been as long...I feel your pain. You're having the day I had yesterday when I found out another two months. I hope Vegas is a wonderful and an exciting time for you!

    Take a deep breath and relax in the sun with a fun umbrella drink :)

    Take Care,
    Jenna

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger Casey said…

    Before you know it you'll be knee deep in poop, teetee and other fun bodily fluids. Not only that, but you'll actually be using the words poop and teetee on a regular basis using your cutest little voice! Here's hoping you'll be knee deep in poop ASAP! Enjoy Vegas!

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger LaLa said…

    Sorry you are bummed out right now...a vacation sounds like just the thing. Enjoy yourself!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home