The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, February 26, 2007

The latest topic around the adoption boards is about Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt adopting from Vietnam. If that happens to be true I think it would be great for Vietnam orphanages, look at all they have done for Cambodian and Ethiopian orphanages.

I like both Angelina and Brad, I think they do a lot of good with there money. Would I personally want to add 3 children to my family in two years? No. But, I also do not have the financial resources that they do to hire staff to help when needed.

So with that being said, best of luck to the Jolie-Pitt family in whatever it is they choose to do.

I am doing my Vegas count down. I need some good weather. I am going to start laying out our clothes, since we have no need for warmer weather clothes here in the Artic Tundra!!!!

The word of the day is annoyed: I called the MIL to tell her I got the bill for our airline tickets to Vegas. (She has told us several times over the last few months that she wanted to buy our plane tickets) her response was "oh do you need me to help you out with the tickets?" I said "No you told us you wanted to pay for our tickets, we did not ask you for anything" then she said "well, I guess I can pay for your tickets."

What the heck!!!!! She is paying for the husbands permanently unemployed brother and his girlfriend to go. She bought their tickets payed for their room and is giving them spending money.... Come on he is 34 years old!!!!

I would probably not be so annoyed but, she pulls this crap on us all the time. If she did not have the money that would be one thing but, she is very well off. I will say, she did give us $5000 towards our adoption. She called one day and said "I have $5000 I want to give you guys for your adoption" and the husband said "great, I'll take a cashiers check Saturday" so we had to act quick to get the money or we would have never seen it.

Since I feel like griping I'll make a list of broken promises:

When we bought our house she said she would match whatever we put as a down payment so we could have an even larger down payment.... Guess what? No money.

Then she said she would buy us a nice living room set from La-Z-Boy as a house warming gift...... As you probably guessed, no furniture!

She said she would give us $10,000 for our wedding.... No such luck.

These are just a few of them, I don't want to bore anyone. But, the unemployed brother went out and bought a brand new Harley last year knowing he was loosing his job (she pays that payment now) he has about $60,000 in credit card debt and she pays on that too!!!! Why would he want to get a job if mom keeps paying everything for him.

My FIL passed away 8 years ago from a car accident, my husband said if he were here this would not fly. Rich said his dad and the moron always fought because of how lazy he is.

I am waiting for the husband to snap one day about all this crap. This is why he want to move away from all this.

Well, enough b#tching today. Thanks for listening!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:02 PM, Blogger Calico Sky said…

    I too like the Jolie-Pitt family! And while I too couldn't imagine 2 children in the space of 10 months, they have a lot of resources which is wonderful! I love what they have done for adoption - transracial, global and how they just 'get it'

    Re MIL... like you said, it isn't the fact that she should give money, more offering then going back on her word. My mom doesn't do that as big scale, but I know several who do, and I think it is awful!

    Keep smiling :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home