The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, March 11, 2007

If I never paint again in my life it will be to soon.... I have decided that our next house I will hire someone to paint for us.

I repainted our hallway, foyer and living room a mocha color. And I repainted our eat in kitchen a dark grey, it matches the counter tops and the tile. It turned out really good, makes the dark cabinets look great and I like the look with our white appliances.

I am having the husband put up crown molding in all the above named areas. I still need to paint the trim work. I also want to put hardware on the kitchen cabinets.

And to add the cherry on top of the redecorating cake, the husband said I can buy whatever I want to go with the new look!!!!! I started with some great curtains from Target that look like Doupioni Silk, they are a pale blueish grey. I will post pictures when I get all the goodies I want. I plan on getting a new coffee table, end tables, lamps, rug, more accent pillows, kitchen curtains and towels.

Of coarse, I found almost everything I want at Target (I love that store) A lot of our stuff is hand me downs from when we bought our house 5 years ago.

I will post some pictures once everything is done.

Thursday we leave for Las Vegas. The weather is in the 80's there so I am excited to that. Hopefully everyone behaves themselves..... I did book us at a separate hotel than what everyone else is staying at so we can have some peace.

Also, we are now in our 9th month of waiting for a referral. You ask how I do it???? I drink morning, noon and night!!!!! I am kidding but, that might help. I think drinking might be a better idea than what my MIL suggested.... She said (hold tight for this one) "Once you give up all hope then you'll get a baby"!!!! Great idea......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home