The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Saturday, March 24, 2007

I continue to expand my parenting experiences, so by the time Kitten comes home I should know what the heck I am doing (kind of)!!!!

Miss G- whom I babysit turned 1 on Tuesday, so I have been babysitting her for almost 10 months now. Thank goodness for her because before her, I had never changed a diaper or fed a baby.... That's right you read correctly I was never around babies until her, so, she has saved me.

Now, I think, I have lots of experience from explosive diapers to food flinging!!!!!!

Tonight I did something new...... I gave G- a bath, I had never given her a bath before but, now she is self feeding, so she tends to me a bit messy. So after her dinner she needed a bath in a bad way!!!

My only concern is wet babies are SUPER slippery!!!!!! Holy smokes she was slippery. We had fun with the bath splashing around.

Once I know how old kitten is I am going to start looking into some type of smaller tub to wash kitten in or a tub safety seat. I think a wet baby will make me nervous!!!!!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated for those who know what they are doing.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    When Bunny was a baby we took our tubbies together. It was really sweet. Happy bithday to Miss G! I'm glad you have a little friend to practice on.

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    It's really great that you've had time to practice! And, yes, wet babies are WAY super slippery. Isn't it fun, though, to watch them play in the tub?

    BTW, if I'm not in Vietnam over Easter -- and I'm sure I won't -- I'd love to meet you if you have time while in Nashville.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home