The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, April 08, 2007





We went to Nashville for the weekend to visit my parents. So needless to say I had to hit the Greenhills mall because they have my favorite store there, Janie and Jack. They happen to be having a big clearance sale on their winter items.... I got the tops and dress there, $250 worth of stuff for $60. The jeans were on clearance at Gap too. I got everything in 12-18 month sizes.
We had a nice trip and just love the area my parents live in.
I also got to meet my friend Susan (From God's Hands) she got kitten some great stuff (so, thank you). She is such a sweet person and I hope she gets her travel call ASAP!!!!! I can't wait until my next visit to TN so I can meet her little one. Hopefully we will have our Kitten soon so we can get the girls together...... Maybe do some shopping at the Greenhills mall!!!!
And, in great news my friend K- got her referral for the cutest little guy I have ever seen, so I hope his mommy and daddy get him home soon too!!!
In other news, my mom is now planning on coming to Vietnam with us, as she put it, she will be our medical consultant!!!! (She is an RN) She wants to help us out and take pictures and run the video camera so we can enjoy Kitten. She was cracking me up with how excited she is about going. She is already working on her packing list!!! She kept saying, I'll run any errands you need so you can enjoy Kitten.

13 Comments:

  • At 9:31 PM, Blogger S. said…

    How wonderful your mom can come. I bet you will really appreciate having her there.

     
  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Lucy has that little sweater on top for next fall too!! So cute. I LOVE Janie and Jack as well. We shopped there with Susan, too!

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    Oh my goodness, I LOVE janie and jack too!! Thats great your mom gets to go with you. I would love to have my mom along!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute clothes!!! Way to go on the bargains...there's nothing better than that!

    It's great that your mom will be going with you. My parents traveled with us for Sera and it was an amazing experience!

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    That K~ is one lucky girl!! I'm so happy that your mom is able to go and share this with you! She'll be in the "delivery room."

     
  • At 8:51 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    What a great deal you got, those clothes are adorable! That's so awesome that your mom is going with you. My mom is planning on coming with us too, we're so excited!

    I am so glad that K got her referral. Do you know where you are in the referral line???

     
  • At 11:08 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    My mom is an RN too! We had a serious talk about asking her along. My husband was not keen. Not because he doesn't like her but just that he felt this should just be our journey. I'd actually really like her along but oh well.
    There is always the phone if I need to talk to her.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Casey said…

    Because I live in the sticks I have of course never heard of Janie and Jack, but I love that little plaid dress!!! Kitten will look adorable in it!

     
  • At 1:22 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    The clothes are SO cute - no wait is complete without a little retail therapy to help you endure the ups and downs :)

     
  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Thanks for the kind words, Jo! I can't imagine what I'll be like at 10 months! I hope I've moved up in line by then. Cute clothes too! I used to live down the road from the Green Hills Mall in Nashville. It has some great shopping!

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger LaLa said…

    Wish I'd known you would be in town..Susan got you all to herself.... cute clothes!

     
  • At 8:40 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Love, love Janie and Jack! Those clothes are going to look great on little kitten. In case you haven't guessed, I'm always up for some Green Hills Mall shopping whenever you are.

    How great about your mom traveling with you. You all are going to have the BEST time. I'm glad I got to meet you, hubby, and your mom the other day. You're all so very nice! Looking forward to the next time.

     
  • At 11:28 PM, Blogger Solbergs said…

    So, I clearly am officially out of touch with the USA. I've been gone too long. I don't know about this Janie & Jack, but you can bet that I will find one next time I am there. Cute stuff!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home