The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, April 01, 2007

This coming Thursday we will officially hit the 10 month mark of our Dossier being in Vietnam.

So, that got the husband and I talking yesterday. We had said that we wanted to wait a few years after we get Kitten home to adopt again, however, it looks like most international adoptions are going to take a long time.

With that being said we have decided next winter (2008) we are going to start adoption #2, we are planning on adoption from South Korea. We had originally looked into adopting from there but, soon learned you had to be married 3 years to qualify for there adoptions, the 5 years we dated before we got married did not count (we will be married 3 years in September).

It looks like Korean adoptions are taking about 2 years, 12-18 months for referral and 3-6 until travel. So, we figured with all that it would equal our plan to have a few years in between adoptions.

And the best part...... No Dossiers are needed!!!!! Just a homestudy and I-171H. I will not know what to do with myself not running all over the place gathering documents and having them notarized, state sealed and authenticated!!!!

I know we must be crazy, already planning for #2 when we have no idea when we will ever get #1 but, I guess we need something to keep ourselves busy.....

7 Comments:

  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Kimberly said…

    That's GREAT news!!! You're not crazy--well, not for planning #2. Its been a long journey to #1!!

     
  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Solbergs said…

    Wow -- no dossier, that sounds dreamy! haha!! And, you are not crazy for planning, you have to with adoptions!

     
  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger S. said…

    OMG, no dossier? I am switching, LOL! Seriously, that is huge, what a relief that will be for you not to have to do another dossier.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crazy?! I think your very smart to start planning now. It took me 4 years to finally convince Tim to start again! And this is really exciting because once you're done with bringing #1 home we can all stay glued to your blog and follow you to #2! :)

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    Yeah!! hubby and I are considering a second adoption as well,but we are considering Ethiopia. I'll follow your journey if you follow mine! I also think that kitten is coming very soon.

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I actually think that's smart considering the time you'll spend waiting. Congrats on making the decision. Oh, and I'll see you Friday for lunch -- so looking forward to meeting you!!!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think that's a very rational plan. It does take so long for the process and this way you'll be mentally prepared to start again. And I've heard really good things about the Korean process. 10 months waiting? Your referral has got to be coming sometime soon... at least you're 10 months closer to Kitten. :-)
    And Thanks so much for the advice on Zeeb's dental issues - I really appreciate the help. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home