The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, August 27, 2007




I knew I had to share this super sweet photo.

So, I have had some interesting conversations with some Vietnamese friends of ours and the conversation is of coarse about Cami. They think that Cami has some Caucasian in her, I think so too. Cami's hair is brown with red tones in it, actually we have the exact same hair color (minus my gray hairs I am thinking of making disappear....) My mom and mil both agree too.

I find it interesting, we of coarse will never know for sure. Whatever her background is we are crazy about her!!!!!

As Cami's first birthday approaches I am thinking more and more about her birth mother. I am so grateful for the decisions she made. We love this little girl to the moon and back, we give her the life and the love that I hope would make her birth mother feel more at peace.

We feel so privileged and blessed to be raising this little girl.

In some exciting news, my parents are moving here to be closer to us (okay they just want to see Cami all the time). We had talked about moving to Nashville but, hubby decided he did not want to leave his job. They just bought a 2 acre lot on the river here with a small house they are going to tear down and build a new one. I am working on them to let us have half of their lot so we can build a new house on the water too. Their property is in a really good school system here. My parents do like the idea of us living next to them because then Jon can help them with the yard and up keep.

It works out good to be an only child!!!!

10 Comments:

  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    Cute pic! That's SO great that your family is moving so close, and even better if you can share the land...exciting!

     
  • At 6:32 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    Cami is one lovely child! Fantastic news about your parents moving closer! you must be thrilled.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    Great news about your family moving closer to you. That picture is adorable.

     
  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Precious picture! I'm really happy that your parents are going to move closer to you, but I'm sad that you're not moving to Nashville. I was so looking forward to having you, hubby, and Miss Cami nearby. *sigh*

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    look at how teeny tiny she looks in that bed:)
    that is wonderful your parents will be nearby. so great cami will be able to spend a lot of time with her grandparents.

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Living to Love said…

    Well she is a beauty and a blessing! How bout' that ....a house on the lake!! That would be so awesome! Cami would have lotsa fun on the water too!! Looking forward to hearing more about this possible new journey!

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She looks so peaceful! It's interesting to get the Vietnamese take on our kids' appearances. We get the same reaction, from the people in Vietnam as well as our local Vietnamese community - that Jackson is only part Vietnamese. He has brown hair, same color as my husbands. I would've loved more birth history, and I, too, think about my son's birth mom quite frequently.
    Either way, I think your daughter and my son are just gorgeous!

     
  • At 10:57 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    I am sad that you are not moving to TN, but it is going to be so great being next to your parents. I live next door to mine and I don't know what I would do without them!

     
  • At 12:30 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Wow, your little girl is sooo cute! I just flipped through your blog and see you are a relatively new mom. CONGRATS! She's beautiful. We are waiting now for our first little one.

     
  • At 12:20 AM, Blogger Julie said…

    That is the sweetest picture!! That's wonderful that your parents are moving so close. What a gift for you all!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home