The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Thursday, July 12, 2007







Because Heather said I needed to post more pictures of Cami, I took some random shots today.

Cami loves our dog Shelby and Shelby of coarse is happy to let Cami pet her. Shelby sleeps in Camis' room and seems to always have an eye on her.

The next picture is how I get some things done around here, wearing Cami in my Babyhawk. The strap works great to hold a bottle so your hands are free. Cami gets fussy when she is tired so I put her in the Babyhawk and give her a bottle and she will then fall right asleep.

I have been working everyday with Cami saying bye-bye and waving well tonight the MIL came over to see her and when she was leaving she said bye-bye Cami and Cami looked at her and goes bye-bye and waved. I looked at Jon and said did you just hear what I heard, so we were all excited then when MIL was walking out the door Cami says bye and waved again!!!!! We can not believe it, she actually spoke words we understood (not baby talk).

We are having Cami evaluated next week by First Steps it's a program through the state that does different kinds of therapy for little ones (physical, speech etc). Our Doctor suggested that she get evaluated, her exact words were "I think she is on track but, First Steps is free through the state so why not see what they have to say." So we will find out what they have to say. Their social worker came out today (they do everything at your house) for me to fill out paperwork and answer questions about what Cami can and can not do. After I answered all her questions she said Cami sounded good but, she will leave it up to the physical therapists to decide and she also told me that if they think she does not need their services they can re-evaluate her in 3 month intervals to make sure keeps on track.

10 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Mia's Mommy said…

    Jo, that's great that your state has a program like that. It is wise for you to utilize it, especially since it's free. Cami seems to be progressing right along. She's such a doll!

     
  • At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good work Heather! Keep those cute pics coming! ;O) Such a cutie...

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Jo, That sounds like a wonderful program! Cami, is as cute as ever, I always enjoy seeing her sweet face. BTW, thank you for the info on the Hoa Linh hotel, it is much appreciated, I just hope we will be able to utilize the info soon.

    ~Sue

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    She is just so darn cute!!!

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    Yeah, keep the pictures coming! Her little grin is so cute.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger LawMommy said…

    I cannot handle the cuteness!!!

    Gretchen

     
  • At 11:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, she just likes at home in that little babyhawk thing. And how cool she is saying "bye"!! Bet your MIL loved that!

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    um, that was supposed to be LOOKS at home! typing faster than I can think again... :-}

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    Those pictures are great! I'm glad to hear the dog is doing well with the new addition! And Cami is just a genious! Saying bye already and waving! WOW! She's so adorable, keep the pictures coming!
    Heather
    tovietnam.blogspot.com

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    cami is adorable! love the pics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home