The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hello again!!!

Sorry for the long delay, I got some sort of terrible stomach bug Sunday and was down for a few days....... I think I lost about 10lbs from it.

Lets see, Saturday we went to Ha Long Bay, it was very pretty. I got abit annoyed because on our boat the workers kept trying to sell us stuff instead of leaving us alone to let us enjoy the sights. We took Cami with us, she did great but, we did not know it was 3 hours each way plus a 4 hour boat ride. That's to much for a little person..... The husband and I got annoyed because if she wouls fuss one of the girls working on the boat would come and try to take her away from us and say "I can do better." Needless to say that pissed us off, finally my husband stood up and looked down on the lady and said "no, do not touch her." This lady would try and pull Cami out of our arms.....

We have no problem at the few restuaraunts we eat at letting the girls hold her but, this lady really pissed us off. Enough about that.

Anyway, before we went on the boat ride we stopped at a small local restuarant and ate lunch. I am not sure if I hae mentioned this before but, the family we are traveling with is Vietnamese Americans and they are a total blessing to us. They tell us what is going on around us and truly have made this trip for us. At the restuaraunt you go up and pick out what you want then they cook it..... I mean we had to pick what fish we wanted what squid and what shrimp. Talk about fresh!!!! Maybe that's how I got sick??? It was very good though.

We also found out the meaning behing Cami's given name Ha Kieu Anh, they told me she is such a pretty baby that they named her after a Miss Vietnam who is a big Actress and Model now. They say our Cami will be Miss America one day!! :)

We had our first Embassy appoinment earlier this week and are waiting on the second, we are scheduled to go home tomorrow..... But, since Miss America has no Visa we are stuck here. Jon is going home tomorrow though and my Mom is staying with Cami and I. We decided to do it that way so hew can get home and rest and when I get home I can rest and he can take care of Cami. We hope to head home Monday or Tuesday.

Please keep sending more positive thoughts our way.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Best of luck with your travelling home! Good for you for putting your foot down. Offering advice is one thing .. trying to take your kid away is quite another.
    Can't wait to see pics!

     
  • At 7:42 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Glad to hear, and will keep note on the locals offering advice! Safe travels, and hope you get home soon!

     
  • At 10:14 AM, Blogger LaLa said…

    So glad to hear from you. I am glad you are feeling better and hope to see you guys sometime this summer. Looking forward to pics too. Since dad is heading home make him do them from homw : )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home