The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Friday, June 08, 2007

I will start out by saying internet at the hotel will not let me log on with my computer so I am using the hotel's computer so no pictures...... Sorry, I will share photos one of these days.

Our flights over went fine thanks to a little RX from my Doctor... I fell asleep before we left the ground in Chicago and woke up upon landing at LAX and then took another sleepy pill and fell asleep before we left the ground at LAX and ended up sleeping about 13 of the 15 hours on the way to Hong Kong. So I felt great and have not had jet lag, now coming home I know I will get me butt kicked because I can't be a total pill popper...... Or maybe I can and let the husband take care of her..... ;)

We got to meet her at the airport and she did okay with us, not scared, just looking and touching us.

And for others who will soon be coming here, HOT does not even describe it properly!!!!! If I could walk down the street in my underwear I would because it is so hot. Florida in the Summer can not even touch this.

I believe we are going to Halong Bay tomorrow and then the G&R is Monday or Tuesday, so I will update more later.

8 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Sherri said…

    I am so glad that you got some rest on the trip. What a great welcome to Vietnam at the airport - your sweet girl. Stay hydrated, enjoy your baby and POST PICTURES!!!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    Yippee...so good to hear from you! I've been axiously awaiting your arrival to Hanoi! Glad to hear you already got to meet the little peanut! Can't wait to see pictures! Keep us posted!

     
  • At 10:50 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    Um, pill popping will definitely not be allowed on the return trip. If I couldn't take them, nobody can! LOL

    Seriously, it sounds like you had a great trip over, and how exciting to meet Cami at the airport! I'm certain Monday or Tuesday cannot get here fast enough for you.

    Yep, I know it's hot. Just be glad you're not in Ho Chi Minh City. Egads! Sherri's absolutely right. Drink LOTS and LOTS of water.

    I'm still sending up prayers for all of you. Also sending big hugs your way.

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Mer (Lulu's Mommy) said…

    Yay for perfect babies!

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Casey said…

    If Hanoi is hot, HCMC would definitely kick your booty! Vietnam has to be the most humid place on the planet and that's saying something when you hail from Arkansas. Anyway, so glad you're there and I can't believe they brought her to the airport!! That's fabulous! So happy for you guys :>)

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm jealous you get to do Halong Bay... we wanted to go there, but with a 3 and 5 year old it didn't seem like the most ideal day trip. Next time! So take good notes and lots of pictures for me! :-)

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Rita said…

    I WANT THESE DRUGS TOO, SHARE GIRL SHARE!! oh and that's great you met your daughter : )

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Your comment about walking down the street in your underwear made me laugh out loud! The humidity is the one thing I'm not looking forward when I traevl! Hang in there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home