The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Thursday, May 31, 2007

We leave for Vietnam in 6 days!!!!

We are all packed, that means I am done with my packing list.....

My mom comes in on Saturday, so we will then check everything for the millionth time and weigh the bags...

Hair cut is scheduled for Saturday morning...

Pedicure done....

Brow waxing scheduled for Monday night with G- the brow waxing goddess (who takes forever to get into...)

House is clean and ready for a little person...

My friend M- is coming over the day before we get home and re cleaning our house (bless her for that)....

Me, the husband and the soon to be grammy are all getting full body massages on Wednesday morning (we leave in the evening).....

I can no think of anything else that needs to be done. Amazing.

We got an e-mail saying that when we get into Vietnam and if we are up to it we can go visit our girl..... I said "Oh I think we will be just fine to see her." What I wanted to say was hell yes we want to see her, I don't care if I had to swim the almost 10,000 to get there I would go see her right away!!!!!

We bought a new DVD camcorder for the trip and I think we need to make sure we know how to use it before we go.... I packed the manual on it just to be safe.

We are all so excited to go on this trip, however, my dad is bummed he is not going. He has to many responsibilities at work..... He is coming up to pick us up at the airport. They live in the Nashville area and we are flying into Chicago, so he is making the 470 mile drive to the airport. He insisted on it. He is driving my mom up Saturday and then driving our giant SUV back to TN, with the baby seat all loaded up and ready to go and then will pick us up in Chicago in our SUV.

My dad would have been a great site to see in Vietnam... He is almost 6'8", needless to say he would have been A LOT taller than people over there.... My husband is big too, so I am sure he will not blend in either!!!! :)

I am just rambling on here because my brain has turned to mush.....

13 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Blogger R&H said…

    UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't get it through my head that you have your referral and your leaving in 6 days! WOAH!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't WAIT for you to hold your sweet little girl for the first time. What kind of dvd recorder did you get? We need to get one too!

     
  • At 7:38 PM, Blogger Living to Love said…

    Yipee!! It is so close! I can just feel the excitment radiating from the page....who can blame you?? I look forward to this time in our process to bring Baby Girl home! I will be praying for a safe trip and easy transition into parenthood!

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Congratulations! Good luck and safe travels!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger LaLa said…

    WOW..you are on top of it!!! Can't wait to meet her this summer sometime..oh, and you too LOL

     
  • At 10:08 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    what??? 6 days!
    ohmygosh! you will hold your baby so soon!

     
  • At 10:53 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    You're so close! I love reading your posts about being crazy while getting ready...I can't image what you have going through your mind right now but you sound like you are on the ball girl!

     
  • At 11:14 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    Wow you have got it together girl! leaving in six days and still able to squeeze in a brow waxing, pedicure AND massage. I am impressed(and a little envious:)I am really happy for you Jo! go get that baby!

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, it is just wouldnt be the same if the brows were not in a row!

     
  • At 11:54 PM, Blogger Jess and Paul said…

    Holy cow...ahhhhh! Will you be blogging from Vietnam? So crazy that you will have your baby in just a few short days. Wow:)

     
  • At 12:48 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    So excited for you guys!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Joanne said…

    Good for you for taking such good care of yourself! mani,pedi and massage. Excellent self care - don't forget all that good stuff post baby. V excited for you!!

     
  • At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The countdown is on. I'm so ready to see you with your little Kitten. :) Can't wait!!!!!

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger S. said…

    You are so organized! How exciting--can't wait for you to meet her!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home