The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Road Less Traveled is getting ready to take this show on the road!!!!

That's right people, we are leaving for Vietnam on June 6th, as I am typing this I am getting a bit teary eyed.....

We have decided to leave a few days earlier than necessary, just to get settled in a bit before Miss Cami joins us. Okay, I am probably lying to myself thinking we can get settled.....

We are packed, we have our travel visas and tickets will be booked any minute!!!!

I really can't even begin to describe the emotions we are going through, I say we because the husband and I are super excited but, my mom is well...... she wants to see her granddaughter. My mom is an RN, and she works about 2 days so she knew going with us would not be a problem. She sent me a text message this last week saying "I have the whole month of June off, let's go get our girl!!!"

I think the funniest one though is my dad. My parents have Harley's and drive all around on them, with that being said I get a call this week saying that they got Cami her own baby jean jacket and my dad is picking out Harley patches for it. So Cami will appear to be a seasoned biker with her jean jacket and Harley patches!!!

I have spent all weekend washing little people stuff (and loved it), cleaning and organizing.

We have the house sitter/dog sitter lined up, a good friend of mine offered to come over right before we get home and spruce up the house and the freezer is full of ready to heat and eat food.

When we finally meet Cami, it will be almost 2 years to the day we started this journey.

This morning we went grocery shopping for the last time with out having a baby with us. I guess that got us thinking, because next time we go it will take planning not our usual roll out of bed put on a hat and go. CRAZY!!!!

I still am getting use to the fact that I have a daughter!!!!!

16 Comments:

  • At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    JO that is SO awesome! And what about the Harleys?! My Dad just bought a new one, after not riding for years. Funny, I was sitting at the sewing machine, telling my retired Father "You need to be careful on that thing!"...Role reversal is very odd. And very funny.

    Congrats again on June 6! I cannot wait to follow you around VN, so keep this show on the road for sure!

    Safe travels

     
  • At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Congratulations! I can't wait to follow your journey while in Vietnam. Best of luck!

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger Solbergs said…

    Ok, you are making me worry! I leave tomorrow (eek!) and haven't finished packing yet. I am going to be gone for 4-5 weeks (2-3 in VN, 2 in US) and honestly, just can't get going. I am good on my girls' stuff, but my stuff - that's another story. I think it's because of the different temperatures we will be visiting. I so hope we can meet while in VN! Would love to meet your little girl and of course you and the hubby and the mom! Good luck!

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I am so excited that you are leaving so soon. Cami is going to have her parents with her soon. YIPPPEEEEE!!!

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    You must be BOUNCING off the walls at this point! I will be following along. Have a great time. Cami is so stinking cute, dont you just want to pinch those cheeks? I do!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    What a smart girl you are - ready to eat food in the freezer. I'm copying that for sure.
    Very exciting!! Thanks for all advice concerning dog!!

     
  • At 8:58 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    that is soooo soon!
    go get your girl!

     
  • At 11:01 PM, Blogger mam said…

    I'm so happy for you. What cities will you be in? June 6ish sounds like the time we might maybe possibly could be there too...maybe we'll share an embassy waiting room!

     
  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Congrats!!! only a few weeks now!

     
  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger jenn said…

    Wow, that is great news!

    On a Harley note...we were in Hanoi and the sound of motorbikes are all around you. Off in the distance we heard something different though, a strong rumbling of a machine...before long a nice looking Harley drove by (minus the toot-tooting of a horn, I don't think it needed to as you could hear it compared to the other bikes.) Felt like a bit of home :)

     
  • At 11:30 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Well, it definitely sounds like you're all ready to go. I'm sure Miss Cami is ready for her parents and grandmother to finally hold her!

    My little Petunia is sleeping as I type this. It's a wonderful thing to be united with your child -- there are just no words. God bless you and your sweet girl. Can't wait to follow your trip! I especially can't wait to see a photo of the ENTIRE family.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Rita said…

    wow wow wow! all that waiting and then presto, zammo! things are on fire. that's just great. i'm so glad you're traveling. any day now and you'll be with your pumpkin pie!

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    I can't wait to be following you to Vietnam! YEAH!!! not much longer now.

     
  • At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yippee for travel dates!! I'm so very excited to follow you to Vietnam (in the blogger sense of course, not in a creepy stalker way. lol) Have fun with all the final preparations and get some sleep while you can. ;)

     
  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    OMG! I can't believe you are going so soon! That's amazing! I think you have the fastest travel date I've hear of yet! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more about the journey!

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger S. said…

    How exciting! It sounds like you are very organized...she will look adorable in the biker jacket!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home