The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I have now had a day to process the fact that we have a baby. Know we actually know who our girl is and where she is at.

I could stare at her tiny little picture for hours, I printed off a million copies and make everyone I come across check her out.

Sorry I am not speaking in complete sentences tonight, my brain is still on over drive. I think I only slept for maybe 2 hours last night, I kept getting up and looking at her picture.

The funny story is when the call came in we were out in the yard doing some work, I happen to come inside to get a key to our shed. I could not find the key (or else I would not have been in the house) then the phone rang, I almost did not answer it because I wanted to get back outside. When I answered the phone our Vietnam Director said "hi Jody do you have time to talk?" I said sure. Then she dropped the bomb on me "I have a baby girl for you" I said "are you freaking kidding me"???

Then I asked if she could hold on for a second so I could get the husband in the house, he was outside watering the flowers. So being the classy lady I am I screamed out the front window "get in here 911" he said "what do you want" I said "it's M- we have a baby".

The look on his face was priceless, he threw down the hose and ran for the house, she then told us all about our girl and then e-mailed us her picture and information. When she was giving me Cami's information I was writing it down and the husband called my mom.

I then forwarded her picture to everyone.

I called her back today to just go back over everything because I could not think straight when she called.

I can not get over how absolutely stunning she is. I am not just having a mommy brag here, her complexion is perfect. Her eyes are beautiful and of coarse her nose and lips are perfect.

I am overwhelmed with the blessing that she will be to us.

My best friend kept calling me last night, all that she would say was "oh my God your a mom" and then she would hang up and call again later doing the same thing!!!!

The joy in our hearts is so indescribable.

I will steal a line from my friend Susan: My cup runneth over, not only did it run over, it is all over the table and dripping on the floor. That is how full my heart is.

Thank you for all the kind words, that is also priceless to me.

13 Comments:

  • At 10:25 PM, Blogger Joanne said…

    I can't believe I missed this. Congratulations! Happy Mother's Day!!!

     
  • At 10:51 PM, Blogger LaLa said…

    Have a wonderful first Mother's Day with an actual photo of your girl...next year you will be trying to eat your brunch while keeping her from grabbing your knife..and you will be loving every minute of it : )

     
  • At 1:15 AM, Blogger Karrie said…

    Wow its here. Congratulations. How old is she?

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Rita said…

    OH YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! I'm sooo happy for you. I'll be in Ha Noi in June too. Our pumpkins are in Tam Ky so we'll be there for the G&R but the rest of the time in Ha Noi. We'll have to do an email exchange so we can talk like real people. This is just so great. Your wait has been too long!!!!! But this makes the all that waiting worthwhile, doesn't it? :)

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    I really want to see her picture. When we got Lucy's referral, I would get up several times in the night and look at her. Email me if you feel like sharing - pollard_kelly@yahoo.com

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Dianna said…

    Wow, my house flooded and we've got termites... but you got a baby. You win :)

    Sorry, I haven't been checking blogs religiously the last few days or I would have congratulated you ASAP! How wonderful - Kitten has finally revealed herself. You must be beyond thrilled!

     
  • At 5:24 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    AHHH! I hadn't read your blog for two days and then WHAM! REFERRAL! YAY! I am so happy for you and I can't wait to see her beautiful little face! Congrats and Happy Early Mother's Day!

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Congratulations! I just discovered your blog. I've been anxiously waiting for my referral too. Reading about yours gave me the spark of hope I really needed today. Enjoy this special moment!

     
  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    jo! ohmygosh! you are a mom! you are a mom! and did i mention that you are a mom?!
    so happy for you. it makes me want to cry!
    ps..you are a mom!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    GO JO!!! So happy for you! I feel like I have missed out on so much with my computer out of commission! And thanks for the sweet thoughts on my blog! Those docs finally came! ;O) Can't wait to see your angel!

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger amanda said…

    I'm so excited for you. You see, the wait always pays off in the end. She sound's beautiful. I can't wait to see pics! Congratulations MOMMY!!!!

     
  • At 1:03 AM, Blogger Jess and Paul said…

    So this is what happens when I miss a couple weeks checking my favorite blogs?!?!?!

    Congratulations, you guys! That is amazing news...she sounds like a little angel. I can't wait to see a picture. Keep us posted!!!

     
  • At 12:00 PM, Blogger me said…

    That's such great news :) congrats to your family.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home