The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Saturday, April 28, 2007

I came across this and wanted to pass it along to people who would understand it.

I am pregnant, but my tummy isn't growing,
And no one ever calls me "little Mom"
The public simply isn't overflowing with questions that I'd handle with aplomb.
There are no special clothes to mark my waiting
Nobody stops and smiles as I walk by,
The absence of a due-date is frustrating
And looking at the nursery makes me cry
When I am over due no one will worry
The phone won't ring and ring as friends check in.
I can't hurry my labor in a hurry My new life as a parent to begin Adoption is a worrisome endever and waiting alone is not much fun
To be "with child" for a year seems like forever
Dear God, we'er ready!
Please send our little one.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    Great way to sum it up isn't it? I too have had a hard time of explaining what this process is like and I like how this post said it all...Thanks! I may steal it of a post on my blog too :) Hope all is well!

     
  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Amen to that. this wait is killing me.

     
  • At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That really does put it in perspective. But wait, after you get your referral then people will be driving you crazy asking you how long until you travel, checking in every other day!

    Hope that referral comes soon!

     
  • At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jo. I'm another Dillon Mom who has been home since Dec. with our son. I just wanted to tell you to hand in there. I remember the wait and it is just painful. No other word to describe it! I love the poem that you posted. Hang in there!

     
  • At 5:30 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Great poem--so TRUE!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home