The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Friday, June 15, 2007

We got Cami's Vietnamese passport this morning!!! One step closer to heading home! We may also be able to get into get her medical exam today. (fingers crossed for that).

It's raining really hard so I think we will stay in and enjoy the AC!!!!

I got my girl to laugh last night for the first time!!!

As much as I would love to say that everything is perfect and wonderful, it's not, Cami is doing very well with all the changes going on in her life but, she has some hard times too. Plus, she is teething..... She knows the husband and I and reaches for us and smiles at us, she makes good eye contact with us and pets our skin. But, sometimes she just cries the saddest cries, it's very heart breaking. Each day she is getting better and I know this will continue.

We are looking forward to getting home and getting into a normal routine, I think that will help out a lot.

Cami is a wonderful happy little girl and we would not change any of this for the world.

I better get back upstairs and give my girl some more kisses!

13 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Congrats on the passport. Every step to get home is so important and feels so monumental while you are there. I remember the crying with Lucy as well. It is hard when you just don't know what exactly to do to comfort them. Sounds like she is doing really well overall though.

     
  • At 9:55 AM, Blogger Sherri said…

    One step closer to home. Isn't that first laugh the coolest? Teething is the worst. I bought so many bibs in Vietnam. I am so glad you are getting to enjoy some baby time chillin in the room. The crying - Gracie would cry out in her sleep. Sound asleep she would cry out. She doesn't do it anymore. It just takes time. Safe travels and I can't wait until you all are home.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger Teresa and Norm said…

    What you are experiencing with Cami's cries is what fears me the most when we get Derek. I'll pray for you and here's to continued quick moving steps toward home!!!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It feels like you are just plucking along there in VN. Have fun.

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Those first days are amazing and hard too... sounds like things are going very well though. Congrats on the passport!!

     
  • At 3:40 PM, Blogger Mrs.B said…

    Just hang in there JO, you will be home soon. Go kiss that baby!!!

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger S. said…

    Congrats on the passport! It is always hard when your baby is crying and you can't console her. But how cool you got her to laugh! Did you by any chance bring any Hyland's teething tablets? I know people who swear by them.

     
  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Tiffany and Shane said…

    Hi Guys!
    Don't know if you remember us or not, but we met you on the plane on the way over...we have our daughter now too and are just thrilled.
    We would love to ask you a couple of questions, if you don't mind.
    Please feel free to email us at
    tiffanybordwine@yahoo.com
    Congrats on your new addition!

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    cant wait until you are home with your baby! it will be soon now!

     
  • At 12:09 AM, Blogger LaLa said…

    I hope you guys are continuing to bond and can't wait for pics :

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Blogger Casey said…

    Ah - I remember those first days as well. Many hard moments mixed in with some really amazing ones. They definitely get better! You're right about getting home and into a normal routine. It will make all the difference in the world. Just keep loving your girl on that side of the world and I'll be praying for her (and you guys) over here on this side.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Ange said…

    Good news about the passport! I hope everything is going well.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    Great news on the passport! Can't wait for pics of your little one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home