The Road Less Traveled

I took the road less traveled by. And that has made all the difference. Robert Frost

Monday, October 08, 2007







What a busy day we had yesterday! First Cami was baptized and then we celebrated her 1st birthday!!! She had a great time yesterday, except when she saw me holding another little girl.... She crawled over to me as fast as she could and crawled up in my lap and tried to push the other little girl out. And then they proceeded to give each other nasty looks......

Besides that we had a great time, around 20 people came. I wanted to keep it small but, everyone wanted to come help Cami celebrate her birthday.

I was thinking yesterday exactly 4 months earlier I was stepping off a plane in Hanoi and being handed a tiny little baby, now my tiny little baby is growing fast. 4 months has flown past and she has changed so so much.

As Cami's birthday and finding date draw closer I find myself thinking more and more about her birthmother. I wish there was a way to tell her what an amazing little girl we have and how so many people love her. I think I will always have a bit of a pit in my stomach because I will never be able to answer some of the most important questions in my daughter's life. It makes me sad that I do not know her exact date of birth but, I do know the day she was found and that her birthmother placed her in a very safe place to be found. I will also be able to tell her how her given name came about, Ha Kieu Anh, they thought she was a very beautiful baby so they named her after a Miss Vietnam who is now a big movie star over there.

Actually I find it funny that she was named after a Miss Vietnam, because when Cami waves it's not like how regular kids waves, she does a pageant wave (I kid you not)!!!

20 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger KelleyO said…

    Happy Birthday Cami! I love how she tried to push the other ilttle girl out of your lap!

     
  • At 10:35 AM, Blogger Sue said…

    Happy Birthday, Cami!!!!

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Leslie & Shaune said…

    wow, she is one already! time flies. happy birthday to her!

     
  • At 4:55 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said…

    Just precious.

    Beverly

     
  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Tiffany and Shane said…

    Happy Birthday Cami!
    I can't believe how big she is getting, and that we have now had our little ones for 4 months now.
    Tell Cami that Lyla says, Happy Birthday!

    Tiffany Bordwine

     
  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Happy Birthday Cami. She is getting soo big!!! And she looks perfect! And you look soo happy!

    Congratulations all around!

     
  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite pictures are kids and their first birthday cakes! Cami is adorable!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Susan said…

    That girl is loving her cake! What a great picture. I wonder if her little wave is a sign of things to come?

    Happy 1st birthday, Miss Cami!!

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger saucygoat said…

    Happy Birthday Cami! Love the messy cake eating picture! I wish I had one, but my daughter wouldn't eat her first birthday cake without a fork because my little princess didn't want to get dirty. haha. ;)

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Melissa Cz said…

    Hope Cami has a great first birthday!

     
  • At 3:11 PM, Blogger stollmyheart said…

    So Cute! Happy Birthday Cami! The cake looks yummy...wanna share?

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger Kerry said…

    Cami is beautiful! When the time comes, you will know just what to say about her birthmother :)

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger jenn said…

    Happy Bday Cami! I love the picture with cake...babies with cakes are the best. She is so cute, I just love her big grin!

    The twins are doing the "don't touch my mommy" thing with each other, talk about rough. If I remember right from my older two, its a phase, enjoy it, time flies to the time they no longer climb up in your lap every day.

    I'm still laughing a bit over your last post and the mail-order Russian bride, he should get a refund. Too funny.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger LawMommy said…

    She's really beautiful. I guess they knew what they were doing when they named her after Miss Vietnam!

    Gretchen

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    Happy Birthday Cami! What an adorable birthday girl!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Tasha Kent said…

    Happy Birthday!

    I feel for your sadness about having unanswered questions.

    And I absolutely love the Miss Vietnam bit. Too cute!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Great cake pictures! The "don't touch my mommy" surely tells you that you're doing something right in the bonding department! Had to say hi, we're Hoosiers too. :)

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Rebecca Lily said…

    Hi! Found your blog through Sarah (comment above). We live not too far from ya'll and are waiting on a baby boy from Taiwan! Your little girl is just beautiful and your blog is great! :)

    Blessings,
    Rebecca

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger junglemama said…

    Looks like your daughter is happy! She is so cute!

    Watch out, she looks like she keeps you on your toes. ;) But hey, that's a good thing.

     
  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Emily said…

    happy birthday cami!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home